Monday, April 11, 2011

Nature - in pictures

I decided to take it easy today and share some pictures I took with my Kodak digital camera.  I apologize for the seeming disorganization of the pictures. I'm still trying to figure out how all this blogging stuff works.

This is my view of nature.

The first three pictures are of some flowers I've seen on my travels.  I shot the purple one in a courtyard of a church in Miami, Florida.  I think the second shot was from Monticello in Virginia and the third shot was from my front yard in Richmond. 


The following set of pictures are some sea inspired shots.  The first is a piece of brain coral that was lying on the beach in Miami.  Next is an interesting piece of flotsam I found on that same beach and the third is a picture of a ray I took while standing on a dock by a restaurant where I had the best black bean soup ever.  A little further down is a picture of four seagulls standing guard on Miami Beach.  You'll also see a pair of seagull tracks in the sand, which I took on Buxton Beach, North Carolina.  The sand crab picture and the picture of the stormy seas was also taken in Buxton.








The next set of pictures depict insects and fungi I have met along the way.  The ladybug and the picture of the double mushrooms were taken in the Blue Ridge mountains on a hike.  The praying mantis was taken in Mechanicsville, Virginia outside a Brewster's ice cream shop.  The millipede was taken on Skyline Drive in Virginia during a hike and the slug on a mushroom was taken in Ben's backyard in Richmond, Virginia.




That's if for now.  Just a little look inside my brain and they way I see the world.

Tomorrow I am going to try a little fiction.

Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment