Friday, April 8, 2011

The Beginning

So it starts.  My decision to finally break down and write a blog. After all, it's what all the cool kids "were" doing, right?   I've always been a bit of a nonconformist, so starting a blog a gazillion years after they became popular does not surprise me.  I actually think I might have signed up to write a blog, "back in the day", but I think I got distracted or bored or both.  That happens a lot to me.  I bore easily.  I'm not sure why.  Perhaps I just haven't found the right thing to keep me from wondering what's next.  I do know that in my early years (my late teens, early 20's to be precise) I lived and breathed with a pen in my hand and a journal by my bed.  I just couldn't not write.  Then...well, then life happened.  Or perhaps, my muse left me.  Or maybe I just developed writer's block and, though there were moments when the haze would clear and I would write with abandon, I haven't really written in quite a while.  This blog is my attempt to wipe away the cobwebs and once again live through writing.  I am going to try to write something everyday.  I can't promise that it won't be a poem or two that I wrote a lifetime ago, but I can promise it will be something you've never read.  I'll try not to cop out with a picture and a brief, "Oh, isn't this so cute.", but there may be days when that is all I can muster.  I can promise that I will enjoy my time writing and I can only hope that you will enjoy your time reading.  Until tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your writer's block has passed... I have to keep up with you somehow! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete